Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google AdWords “Call-Only” Ads, Link Building Techniques & Google Misclassifies Websites As Hacked
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- New ‘Call-Only’ Ad Types Arrives In Google AdWords To Make Mobile Easier
A new ad type will give mobile-centric marketers the ability to set up phone call conversion only campaigns.
- Search In Pics: Google Glass Book, Android Mobile & Pebble Beach Box Seats
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more. Google Doodle On Cupcakes: Source: Google+ Google Glass Vol 001 Book: Source: SER Comments NFC-Enabled Android […]
- Yahoo Wants To Syndicate Search To 600,000 Mobile Apps
Flurry gives Yahoo massive mobile reach and developer access.
- 5 Techniques To Safely Get Links In 2015
Link building is important, but it can be dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing. Today, columnist Neil Patel shares his white hat link building tips.
- Google’s New Hacked Classifier Misclassifies Some Web Sites As Hacked
Many web sites this morning noticed Google labeled their sites as being hacked and dangerous in the search results. The issue was not with their web sites but rather the Google hacked sites classifier.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Russians Open Formal Antitrust Case Against Google Over Android
- Wayin Goes All-In With Real-Time Social Search Tool
- Snapchat Discover: The New Way To Access & Consume Media?
- 7 Ways To Use Emotion To Drive Conversions
- The Affiliate Publisher Evolution
- Content, Community & Cash: Livefyre Raises $47 Million
Search News From Around The Web:
- 15 SEO Experts Share Why To Invest in SEO in 2015, tarungehani.com
- Exclusive Duane Forrester Interview, Bing Webmaster Outreach, BruceClay.com
Local & Maps
- Greenland gets Street View, Google Earth Blog
- Video: Google Don’t Link Build, Where Is Panda, Google Hacked Site & More, Search Engine Roundtable
- Answer: A couple of odd questions…, SearchReSearch
- Google Tests Displaying Line Separators Between Organic Results?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Searching in Yahoo Mail Just Got Better, Yahoo
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 Google Shopping Options You Need To Consider, www.beyondthepaid.com
- 7 questions you should be asking about new AdWords URLs, PPC Hero
- Art of War: Keyword Edition, www.searchinfluence.com
- Best Practices for Filters in Google Analytics, www.e-nor.com
- Google Analytics: How to Know If Your Marketing is Working, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How To Identify Keywords With Purchase Intent, www.searchenginepeople.com
- The Latest #PPC Changes You Need to Know, www.searchenginejournal.com
- .gb.com Domain Names Are Now Toxic, bluelogicdigital.co.uk
- 18 Experts Reveal Their Top SEO Strategies for 2015, ignitevisibility.com
- 4 SEO Friends: Strategy, UX, Creative, Development, www.practicalecommerce.com
- GoogleBot Crawling Too Hard & Much? Report The Issue To Google., Search Engine Roundtable
- Hiring Someone To Do SEO – What Questions To Ask, Bing ads Blog
- Is Rank Tracking Still Important?, SEMrush Blog
- The Evolution of SEO? Customer Experiences as Content, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Power of Specificity: How to Rank Higher Using Long-Tail Keywords, www.impactbnd.com