Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Making Your Website Evergreen, Bing Upgrades Safe Search & No More Credit Cards For Adwords Customers
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Search In Pics: The Google Flood, Drunk Penguin & Storm Preparation
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more. Google Flood: Source: Google+ Source: Google+ Google Storm Preparations: Source: Google+ Google Employee Christmas Gift: Source: […]
- How To Make Every Single Page On Your Website Evergreen
Web pages may not be meant to last forever, but I think that most web pages can do a lot better. Many pages and articles published today lack evergreen qualities, which means that in a few months or years, they will be old and useless. They will join the billions of other pages littering the Internet […]
- Bing Upgrades Child Safe Search Features
Bing deploys the new safe preference web protocol for safe browsing with Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Google’s 2014 Holiday Decorations For Christmas, Kwanzaa & Hanukkah
Google dressed up their search results for the holiday season with animated Christmas, Chanukah and Kwanzaa themes.
- Google Revamps AdWords For Video Reporting
Intended to save users time by incorporating data once housed only in YouTube Analytics.
- Goodbye Frequent Flyer Miles: Google Saying No Credit Cards For Large AdWords Customers
Large Customer Sales accounts will be transitioned to invoicing.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- If Twitter Is The News King, Is Instagram Really A Threat?
- Lexus Brings Branded Animated GIFs To Mobile Keyboards
- Estimote-GuestDriven Hotel Beacon Rollout To Show Broader Location Capabilities
- 5 Great Takeaways From The “Tweeting For Champions” Keynote At SMX Social Media [VIDEO]
- Google Play’s Top Apps Of The Year: Facebook Most Popular Social App In 2014
- What CMOs Need To Know About Internet Marketing: The Essential Guide
- SlideShare Launches Free Analytics
- Five Bad Marketing Habits To Give Up In 2015
- Zuckerberg Dislikes The Idea Of A Facebook “Dislike” Button
- Google Updates iOS Search App, MSN Rolls Out Verticals For iOS, Android
Search News From Around The Web:
- China’s Baidu Set To Partner With Uber And Reportedly Invest Up To $600M, TechCrunch
- Google gives a big ‘nyet’ to Russian engineering operations, fortune.com
- Modern Enterprise Link Building Strategies for 2015, ProBlogger
- GetIndexed Netherlands Penalized By Google?, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Google Moves Local My Business Phone Support to India – Expect the Call Times to Be Longer, Mike Blumenthal
- Video: Google Penguin Tweaking, Bing Panda, AdWords Editor & Holiday Decorations, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Translate – 10 More Languages with your Help, Google Translate Blog
- Answer: Finding the measures of things, SearchReSearch
SEM / Paid Search
- Google AdWords Cram Session: Don’t Let Google Kick You in The Ads, www.searchinfluence.com
- Google Impression Share By Device For AdWords Shopping Campaigns, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Optimize Your Campaigns with AdWords Scripts, blog.adstage.io
- New Bing Ads Essential Training Now Available on Lynda.com, Bing Ads
- Paid search for the holidays: 5 tips for driving in-store sales, www.internetretailer.com
- Two New AdWords Features You Should Start Using Today, www.ppchero.com
- 5 Reasons Amazon is Taking Over SEO, relevance.com
- Do You Have Unrealistic SEO Campaign Expectations?, CanuckSEO
- How to Avoid the Unrealistic Expectations SEOs Often Create – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- How to Implement Strategy-Based SEO, Search Engine People Blog
- SEO: Google Makes Penguin Algorithm More Slippery, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Where Should The Google Tag Manager Snippet Be Placed?, www.lunametrics.com
- How to Implement Strategy-Based SEO, www.searchenginepeople.com