Foursquare Updates Android & iOS App With New “Super-Specific” Search Filters
Foursquare has added new search filters that allow Android and iOS users to make “super-specific” searches, filtering by price, locations where users have or haven’t checked in before, locations ‘friends have checked in’, if a location is ‘open now’, and if a location is ‘offering specials’.
To demonstrate how specific users can be when searching for local destinations, Foursquare offered the following five search examples on their blog this week:
- “A cheap sushi place that’s nearby and open now, but that I haven’t been to yet.”
- “A bar downtown that’s new to me, but that my friends have been to. Oh, and that has margaritas.”
- “A Moroccan restaurant that has tagine on the menu, but isn’t going to empty my bank account.”
- “One of the museums in Paris that my friend Matt went to last year, that’s also near my hotel.”
- “A burrito place I’ve been meaning to try (it’s on my to-do list) in San Francisco, that’s in The Mission and open right now.”
There is still the ‘Best Nearby’ button that users can tap to see what local places Foursquare recommends.
The best news in mobile marketing every Thursday.