Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google’s Data Highlighter Now Supports Movies, TV, Articles, Products, Local Biz & Apps
Google initially launched a visual rich snippet markup tool in December to allow less tech-savvy webmasters to markup their event based data. The tool only worked with event data and nothing else.
Google has updated their help page showing the six new data types, in addition to the events data type. They include:
Google will likely continue to add more data types to the data highlighter tool over time.
Hat tip to Kenichi Suzuki for spotting this.
- Google Introduces Data Highlighter Tool For Structured Data Markup
- Google Upgrades Their Rich Snippets Testing Tool To Better Reflect Display In Search Results
- Google Confirms Hidden Benefit Of Authorship: Bonus Links After A Back-Button Click
- Google’s Authorship Fail: How Truman Capote Was Credited As A NYT Writer 28 Years After His Death
- Examining Real World Uses Of Rich Snippets & Markup
- Top Ways B2B Marketers Can Best Utilize Rich Snippets
- Structured Data Markup Was Inevitable, But Is It An Admission Of Failure?
- Google Shows Movie Trailers Right In Its Search Results
- Want Your Picture In The Google Search Results? Add A Google+ Profile