Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google AdWords app streaming, Bing March Madness & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google launches Trial Run Ads for apps in search results to let users play before installing
Mar 14, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The app streaming ads allow Android users to play with an app for 10 minutes right from the search results.
- Is modern SEO more than the sum of independent parts?
Mar 14, 2016 by Jayson DeMers
Columnist Jayson DeMers asserts that what we think of as SEO is actually just a combination of different customer experience strategies woven together to create the best online presence possible.
- Google Posts are going to kill (at) local SEO
Mar 14, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Columnist Andrew Shotland discusses the impact Google Local Business Cards may have on local businesses and local SEO. Will they help, or will they hurt?
- Bing launches March Madness search answers, brackets and predictions
Mar 14, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Bing lays out their predictions for March Madness and gives you the schedule, teams and the live results for 2016.
- Consumers shape new world of search advertising
Mar 14, 2016 by Sponsored Content: Bing Ads
Since Bing entered the search space just over six years ago, the landscape has transformed and technology has advanced, and the changes are only accelerating. In a time of limitless expectations and technology, consumers are continuing to reshape the search landscape as they look at devices and services to help them do and achieve more. […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- How to amplify your already spectacular SEO to be super-crazy successful
- Handling negative reviews: an interview with Jay Baer
- “B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” updated for 2016
- App streaming comes to Google search ads: Android users can try out apps for 10 minutes
- How “customer obsession” can focus your marketing tech selections
- Make new friends, but keep the old: 3 opportunities for uncovering revenue from your existing customers
- The “social iceberg”: The data on 1:1 marketing may surprise you
- Google fails in bid to overturn Russian “no default Android apps” ruling
- How to create your own digital newsroom
- Customer Service 101: Three things you can do today to win over your customers
- MarTech Today: Google Search Console warnings, SEO audits & Rank Ranger’s SERP tool
- MarTech Landscape: What is a supply-side platform (SSP)?
- Alliance for Audited Media launches its ad blocker detection service
- Brand Bidding & PPC Optimization: Partner Relationships (Part 4 of 8)
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- 4 Tips For Better Client Onboarding, PPC Hero
- Google Earth Imagery update – February 2016, Google Earth Blog
- Google Local Guides Can Now Add Photos In Their Reviews In Google Maps App, Search Engine Roundtable
- Answer: Do you know the way…, SearchReSearch
- 4 SEO Hacks for Better Mobile Marketing, Online Marketing Blog
- Google Confirms They Do Use Site Wide Signals For New Pages, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Content In aside Tag Treated Similar To Other Content On The Page, Search Engine Roundtable