Hurricane Sandy Superstorm Resources
Trying to keep up with Hurricane Sandy? Below are a variety of resources which may help.
- Google Super Storm Sandy Map
- Google Super Storm Sandy Maps: NYC Close-up
- ESRI’s Hurricane Information Map
- Weather.com Hurricane Tracker
Local TV Live Stream
- A brief post with details about how to listen live to audio streams of first responders from throughout the affected region
- Listen to live audio streams from all-news stations in Boston, DC, Philadelphia, and New York City.
- NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio (Additional Audio Including Podcasts)
- Searchable database from the NOAA Satellite
- FEMA will add photos of damage and other storm activities to their searchable photo library.
- A list with Twitter streams from emergency management offices from many states and DC.
- Flooding will likely be an issue. NOAA provides real-time feeds of streamflow on rivers around the country. Here’s a direct link to info for the Northeast.
- Twitter’s Sandy resources page
Also see Tracking Hurricane Sandy Through Twitter, our guide to using Twitter for monitoring news and Google Has Launched A Hurricane Sandy Crisis Map, for more about Google’s special Hurricane Sandy maps mentioned above.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.