Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
Hurricane Sandy Superstorm Resources
Trying to keep up with Hurricane Sandy? Below are a variety of resources which may help.
- Google Super Storm Sandy Map
- Google Super Storm Sandy Maps: NYC Close-up
- ESRI’s Hurricane Information Map
- Weather.com Hurricane Tracker
Local TV Live Stream
- A brief post with details about how to listen live to audio streams of first responders from throughout the affected region
- Listen to live audio streams from all-news stations in Boston, DC, Philadelphia, and New York City.
- NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio (Additional Audio Including Podcasts)
- Searchable database from the NOAA Satellite
- FEMA will add photos of damage and other storm activities to their searchable photo library.
- A list with Twitter streams from emergency management offices from many states and DC.
- Flooding will likely be an issue. NOAA provides real-time feeds of streamflow on rivers around the country. Here’s a direct link to info for the Northeast.
- Twitter’s Sandy resources page
Also see Tracking Hurricane Sandy Through Twitter, our guide to using Twitter for monitoring news and Google Has Launched A Hurricane Sandy Crisis Map, for more about Google’s special Hurricane Sandy maps mentioned above.