In contrast, “We do see people breaking websites for users, rather than for search engines,” said Splitt. These sites are indexable, but do not provide a good user experience as they may need to send abnormally large amounts of data to load a simple list of products, for example.
Want more Live with Search Engine Land? Get it here:
- Click here for the full session.
- Why the evergreen Googlebot is such a big deal [Video]
- Common oversights that can impede Google from crawling your content [Video]
- How Google crawls and indexes: a non-technical explanation [Video]
- Don’t try to reinvent the SEO wheel, says Google’s Martin Splitt
- You can also find a full list of all our Live with Search Engine Land sessions on YouTube.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.