Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
June 2008 California Fire Maps
Wildfires, again, in my home state of California. People are looking for maps of where they are at, so here are some resources:
NOTE: For the latest fires, see this fire maps section of Search Engine Land, where any updates are listed.
- California Fires 2008 is an excellent map pinpointing fires across the state. Just excellent work. It’s embedded over at KSBW so that you get a key for the color of each “thumbtack” marking a fire (blue is smaller; red is largest). See also the wildfires section that has a list of more detailed maps for particular fires.
- Significant California Fires – June 2008 is maintained by California’s Office Of Emergency Services, which also has it embedded with perspective here.
- GeoMAC has a variety of maps you can view in Google Earth.
- The Ukiah Daily Journal has a special map for the Mendocino area.
- California Active Fire Mapper pinpoints blazes across the Western US, and you can zoom to particular cities.
- Modus has large fires across the US pinpointed — you can really see the cluster in Northern California here.
Postscript: See Los Angeles & Southern California Fire Maps: October 2008 Edition for fires in Southern California during mid-October 2008.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.