Minimum Bids In Yahoo About To Change
Yahoo announced that the minimum bid of $0.10 within the search network will no longer be a true minimum bid. Yahoo is changing it so that the minimum bids can be lower or higher than $0.10. This does not impact the content network.
What makes a minimum bid go higher or lower? Two factors:
(1) Value – the number of bidders and their bid amounts in a particular keyword market
(2) Quality – the relevance of keywords, or how frequently users click on the ads associated with them relative to competing ads
Tips on how to keep a low minimum bid?
Here are some quick tips for how advertisers can best prepare for the changes:
– Get to know your keywords
— It is important to know which keywords work best for your business
— Group relevant keywords together
— Make the right bids and monitor
— Use the Advanced match type to get broader exposure in search results
– Maximize the quality of your ads
— Quality plays an important role in how you get charged
— Learn how to track your quality
— Utilize ad testing with optimization
— Group relevant keywords together in your ad groups
— Continually monitor for any changes
– Stay updated to the Account Interface
— Become familiar with new tools that can make managing your keywords simpler.
Here are screen shots of the interface changes that apply to this: