New: Google Showing Recent Stories From News Sites With News Snippet
Search for [news] or [new york times] or [fox news] or other queries that would bring up a popular news site and you will see a new search snippet displayed within the search results for these news sites.
As you can see from the screen shot above, Google is displaying in the search results some of the popular and recent stories from these news sources. The stories are labeled with how recent they were published and can be clicked on directly from the search results. Clicking on the story headline will jump you directly to the story on the publisher’s site.
I have not seen Google officially say anything on this new feature. So it is not clear if this is a “rich snippet” feature or auto-compiled by Google. I assume it is auto-complied through Google News.
The first site to document this was the Google Operating System blog.
- Google Shows Your Latest Tweet As Search Snippet … In 10 Seconds
- Official: More Are Seeing Google’s New Navigation Bar
- Google Operators In Instant, Profiles In Navigation & AdWords URL On Description Line
- Small Google Navigation Element Changes
- Google Exposes Maps Options With New Widget Display
- Google Links To Competitors Next To YouTube Videos