No fluff - just the best news in paid search marketing every week.
Blekko Testing Search Ads
MediaPost reports that Blekko, the slashtags search engine, has started testing monetization efforts through search ads.
Currently, the ads are provided through ad fees from Google and Bing. Blekko has yet to build out their own ad network.
Rich Skrenta, Blekko founder and CEO said, “we’re still ironing out the kinks.” They are testing out the RPMs, page revenue per 1000 ad units. Skrenta said he expects the CPMs to be worth between $50 and $100 because of the targeted nature of search ads.
I have yet to see any signs of ads on the search engine but they are indeed testing it. If you find an example of an ad, please share the query and an image in the comments below.
- Blekko Expands: Bigger Index, More Slashtags & New Design
- Blekko Slashes More Spam With “Zorro” Update
- Blekko Adds Facebook Comments To Search Results (But Why?)
- Blekko’s SEO Tools: What Information Do They Provide?
- How To Track Emerging Search Engine Blekko In Web Analytics Systems
- Blekko Tightens Privacy Options, Will Keep User Data Only 48 Hours
- Google And Blekko Head-To-Head: Blekko Lives To Fight Another Day
- Blekko Bans Content Farms From Its Index