Infographic: SEO For Siri & The Mobile Search World
It’s been just over a year since Apple’s Siri was unveiled with the iPhone 4S. The latest version works with the iPhone 5 and newer versions of the iPad. Siri didn’t cause an overnight revolution of how most search on their phones. Many iPhone users still type keywords into Safari and get back answers from Google. But Siri, along with mobile apps and mobile searching in general, are changing searcher habits and posing new challenges and opportunities for search marketers.
The people at Alchemy Viral have created an infographic that covers a variety of things to keep in mind about how to better react to the growing number of mobile searches, including those being routed through Siri. Alchemy is a UK-based firm, hence the use of “optimisation” rather than the US English spelling:
Want the infographic for yourself? You’ll find it here, Seeking with Siri.
In the “Getting Along With Siri” section, the infographic says Siri draws from social services, but that seems to be a mistake. Siri can help people send information to services like Twitter and Facebook, but it doesn’t bring answers back from those.
Siri has recently expanded the number of sources it taps into, and search marketers should be looking to ensure they do well in these sources, as Siri is a new source of traffic from them. Our stories below have more about this, as well as mobile search in general.
- Apple Siri To Add Sports, Restaurants, Reservations, Movies & App Search
- Local Search Cage Match: Google Vs. Apple Maps (And Siri)
- Apple Hires A Search Geek (From Amazon) To Improve Siri
- Still Stuck Behind Apple’s Doors: The New Google Search App
- Siri, Are You Taking Over Mobile Search?
- Mobile & The Disintermediation Of Traditional Search
- 3 Simple Steps To Get Siri & Her Friends To Talk Up Your Local Business
- 16 Differences Between Google Mobile & Desktop Search Results In 2012
- Does Google’s Mobile SEO Preference Change Mobile SEO Best Practices?
- Is Mobile Search Taking Over The Restaurant Space?
- 10 Simple Tips For Effective Mobile SEO
- 5 Things Businesses Need To Know About Apple Maps Right Now
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.