Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How Long Can RetailMeNot’s “SEO Empire” Survive?
RetailMeNot is having remarkable SEO success. According to an analysis by Priceonomics, RetailMeNot is first for numerous coupon-related and “promo code” searches — an amazing 71 percent of the time. This is what the company said based on an analysis of nearly 300 coupon-related keywords: RetailMeNot ranks first in Google search results for an astounding […]
- Google AdWords Call Conversions To Get More Granular, Enable Target ROAS Bidding
Google is continuing to refine the way advertisers can track and optimize for conversion tracking events in AdWords. Last week, advertisers using call extensions and tracking call conversions were alerted that, at the end of April, they’ll be able to split call conversions up based on call length. The new call conversion tracking capabilities will […]
- Survey: 85% Of SEOs Shoot For 1-5 New Local Reviews Per Month
Managing reviews and reputation isn’t a new discipline for search consultants and agencies to focus on, but it is gaining prominence as reviews take on more significance in the world of local search. Consumers consult online reviews more regularly in their research process and put an increasing amount of trust in ratings and review sentiment […]
- The Enhanced Campaigns Big Picture & What’s Next For AdWords
Google’s gearing up for a big announcement on April 22. The last time Google truly lowered the boom, we got Enhanced Campaigns, which have radically changed the SEM landscape. Let’s take a look at where Enhanced Campaigns have led us and what might be coming next. Enhanced Campaigns Have Changed Your World – But Not […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Bizo Aims To Scale Anonymous Visitor Nurturing, Extends Marketing Automation To Display & Social Ads
- Annotated Movie-Trailer Videos Connect With First-Time Homebuyers
- Display To Eclipse Paid Search Ad Spend In 2016, Mobile Set To Become 4th-Largest Ad Medium
- Will “Mass Surveillance” Report Hasten The Cookiepocalypse?
- Get To Know: Tealium CMO Tracy Hansen
- LinkedIn Releases Content Shock And Awe
- Study: Fan Engagement On Google+ Narrowly Trails Facebook, Nearly Doubles Twitter
- HootSuite Recasts The Game Of Thrones Opening Credits With Your Favorite Social Networks
- Video Parody: How Google Glass Changed This Guy’s Life In All The Wrong Ways
- Report: Twitter Is Gearing Up For A Major Advertising Push
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Upgrades Bulk Upload Again, Mike Blumenthal
- Diagnosing Google Penalties, Part 3: All Your Questions Answered, marketersbraintrust.com
- Google Webmaster Tools Link Count Decreased Drastically?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Matt Cutts Interview Questions What’s Allowed With Anchor Text & Linking, Search Engine Roundtable
- Volusion.com Created Link Networks by Using its Own Customers, linkresearchtools.com
- Coming Next Week: Oxford University Will Offer Free Access to More than 30 Databases During National Library Week 2014, LJ INFOdocket
- E-Book: SEO Now 2014 – Where are we now with SEO?, State of Digital
- How does Googlebot handle content loaded AJAX?, YouTube
- SEMalt is Skewing Your Stats, SEMpdx
- The Totally Mathematical Reason Why Social Matters To SEO, blindfiveyearold.com
- Use Paid Promotion to Refine Your SEO and Make Your Visitors More Valuable, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- Search Network with Display Select (SNDS) is now supported in v201402, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Upgrade to Search Network With Display Select for Better Performance, Inside AdWords
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.