SearchCap: The Day In Search, December 28, 2011
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Do Your 2012 Resolutions Include Increasing Conversion Rates?
That’s a trick question. Of course the answer should always be yes. Hopefully your website conversions in 2011 have already resulted in a banner year. But if you feel like you have room to improve (and there always is), then it might be time to review what advice our conversion experts shared with readers throughout [...]
- 5 B2B Search Engine Marketing Resolutions For 2012
With the holiday season winding down and 2012 just around the corner, it’s time to take a deep breath and get ready to plunge into the new year. When marketing teams get back from the New Year’s weekend, you can be sure that new found vigor and excitement will be in the air. For B2B [...]
- Google Sued By buySAFE Over Trusted Stores Program
TechCrunch reports a company named buySafe is suing Google over their Trusted Stores program, which Google launched in October. buySafe claims several strong things in this law suit: (1) Patent Infringement (2) Stealing proprietary business information (3) Pushing buySafe customers to switch to Google Trusted Stores (4) Google is trying to squash the company from [...]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Email Marketing In 2012: How To Stay Ahead Of The Pack
- Google+ Passes 62 Million Users, Estimated To Hit 400 Million By End Of 2012
Search News From Around The Web:
- Schmidt Discusses Google’s Competitors and More, thenextweb.com
Local, Maps & Mobile
- Google Maps Catalan Language Issues, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google SMS Search Broken For Some, Search Engine Roundtable
- What Building 10,000 Links Taught Me About The Top 3 Link Building Myths (+ 3 Essentials That Work!), Search Engine People
SEO & SEM
- How to Manage Lead Gen PPC with No Conversion Tracking, PPC Hero
- SEO Lemons Infographic, SEO Book
- Conferences and Events – Best of Search Conferences 2011: Day 1, BruceClay.com
- DAVID BAIN The 3 P’s of WordPress Site Structure for SEO – P#2: Publishing, Search Engine People
- Explode Your Keyword List Right – Part 1, SEO.com
- Mastering Google Product Feeds and Product Listing Ads – Part 1, blueglass.com
- When Bounces Affect Your Rankings, Search Engine People
- Why Your Content is Not as SEO Worthy as You Thought, dailyseotip.com
- Dear Google+, parislemon.com
- How to Get a Celebrity to Endorse ALL your Products on Google, explicitly.me
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.