Google makes it easier to add & remove emails from Customer Match lists in AdWords
Keep lists up to date by uploading changes to existing lists.
Advertisers can now add and remove email addresses from existing Customer Match lists in AdWords by uploading a file to the list. It’s also possible to completely replace the list with a new file without having to create a new Customer Match list.
The options are now available from the edit window for existing lists in the Audiences section of the Shared Library.
Being able to add emails to an existing list isn’t new, but this new workflow makes the process clearer.
With this announcement, Google also shared some case studies on ways advertisers have been using Customer Match:
- TurboTax created customized ads and landing pages to ease returning customers into the tax-filing process, decreasing its cost per conversion by 31 percent in the process.
- Guitar Center made product-specific customer lists and increased CTR by 60 percent.
- The Children’s Place re-engaged back-to-school shoppers with customized ads, increasing its return on investment (ROI) by 287 percent.
- One Click Ventures cross-sold eyewear across multiple websites and saw a 412 percent increase in conversion rate.
- Wine Enthusiast Companies combined Customer Match and RLSA to sell wine merchandise to its customer base, delivering a 3x higher ROI.
Customer Match allows advertisers to target customers in Google Search, YouTube and Gmail campaigns via Google email addresses. It offered the ability to append a list to an existing customer list.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.