First Google Toolbar PageRank Update Of 2011
Google has updated the PageRank values of many sites within the Google Toolbar. This is the first toolbar PageRank update of the year, and arguably the first one in almost 9 months. There have been minor updates, where some sites have seen their PageRank change during 2010, but I believe the last huge PageRank update was in April 2010.
I posted the news at the Search Engine Roundtable yesterday, where there are close to 40 comments in less than 24 hours on the PageRank update. Honestly, I am a bit upset to see so many SEOs and webmasters interested in this update. As we know, Toolbar PageRank is very out of date and does not have a direct impact on a site’s ranking. Heck, even well-known Googlers have call PageRank Overhyped.
That being said, Toolbar PageRank is often a badge of pride to many webmasters and I understand why some webmasters smile when their PageRank goes up and frown when the PageRank goes down.
I am wishing you all more Google green pixels for your web sites!
- What Is Google PageRank? A Guide For Searchers & Webmasters
- Search Illustrated: Google PageRank Explained
- Google Quietly Drops PageRank From Webmaster Tools
- Google’s Norvig: PageRank Is Overhyped
- Selling Paid Links Can Hurt Your PageRank Or Rankings On Google …
- Move Over PageRank, Meet Webmaster Happiness Rank