New Google Search Console has added the links reports from the old interface
Google continues to port features from the old Google Search Console to the new beta Search Console.
Google has announced it is rolling out a link report within the new Google Search Console today. The new report consolidates the functionality of the “Links to your site” and “Internal Links” reports on the old Search Console, Google said.
Here is a screen shot of the tool that shows you your external links sorted by “top linked pages” and “top linking sites.”
You should be able to access this tool at https://search.google.com/search-console/links, although I am not yet able to see it in my account. So check back throughout the day to see if you are able to get to this feature within the new Google Search Console.
Google has also publicly announced the launch of what we previously covered a week ago, the addition of the mobile usability report, manage users & adds site features to the new Google Search Console.
We can expect Google to continue to port features from the old Google Search Console interface to the new one over time.
Postscript: Google has now added a link to the help document for this new report, saying the new report is “more accurate than the old Links to your site report.” Google felt the need to explain this so people would know that a drop in links from the old to the new report doesn’t mean Google sees fewer links to their site, it just means the new report is more accurate.
Google wrote, “As a result, the values in the new report may be lower, but this does not indicate a drop in links, but rather a more accurate and secure way of reporting them.”
In addition, Google explained the types of data you can now get in the links report:
- Top linking domains (Which sites link to me the most).
- Top linked pages (Which are my top linked pages from other sites).
- Which are my top linked pages from a specific site?
- Top linking text (What link text points to my site).
- What are the links from a specific site to my page.
- What are the top sites linking to my page.
- Top linked pages (Which of my pages is linked the most from within my own site).
- Which of my pages links to my page.