SearchCap: Google Link Command, Franchise SEO & Conversions
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google’s Classic Link Operator Showing Signs Of Being Turned Off For Good?
Feb 15, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google has said their link operator is not dead but continues to tell webmasters to use Google Search Console for the best Google link data source.
- The Marriage Between Conversion Optimization & SEO
Feb 15, 2016 by Winston Burton
Traffic is great, but it’s not the end goal. Columnist Winston Burton discusses how to use SEO tactics to help with conversion optimization.
- Franchise SEO: For Masochists Only
Feb 15, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Performing local search engine optimization for franchise locations can be a real pain. Columnist Andrew Shotland explores some common issues for local search marketers, as well as solutions.
- Valentine’s Day Google Doodles: A Blushing Teapot, A Reading Hedgehog & A Candy-Giving Kleenex Box
Feb 14, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Check out all three animated logos Google created for today’s love-laden holiday.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 5 Ways To Crawl A Staging Server Before Important Site Changes Go Live (To Save SEO)
- The Quiet, Smart Growth Of #GirlsWhoCode
- Why Email Is Key To Maximizing Owned Media (And Assets) In Digital Marketing
- What’s The Reality Of Virtual Reality For Small Business?
- Making The Most Of Social Media, Even When It’s Not Driving Sales
- Special Marketing Land Coverage: Welcome To Martech Madness!
- MarTech Today: Adwords Automated Bidding, Mobile App Measurement & No Google SEO Certification
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google MyBusiness Now Surfacing Web Verify Option, Mike Blumenthal
- Is Google Penguin 4.0 Still On Target For Q1 2016?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Google search suggests “Muslims support terrorism”, Quartz
- Creating a Computer Voice That People Like, New York Times
- Google Web Transcoder Goes Offline, Search Engine Roundtable
- 302 Redirects Do Not Matter? Everybody is Wrong?, Search Commander, Inc.
- State of Yandex SEO 2016, State of Digital
SEM / Paid Search
- How To Test & Optimize PPC Ad Campaigns (Part One), Search Engine People
- How To Use AdWords Competitive Metrics, PPC Hero
- Google Search Console Analytics Doesn’t Count Knowledge Graph Clicks, Search Engine Roundtable