Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SEO Tools Come To iPhone
I was waiting for the day someone would bring an SEO tool to the iPhone. Today is that day, Infindigm released a tool named proSEO – iPhone SEO Content Analyzer. You can download the tool on iTunes or on your iPhone. To see the tool on iTunes, use this link. It does cost $14.99 but it seems to have a nice feature set, including:
- Complete source code listing
- Listing of META keywords
- Listing of META description
- Listing of all META tags in the document
- Tag counts – this feature counts all the tags in a document to give clues about composition.
- Contents of the <title> tag.
- The body of text with tags removed
- Percentage of body words that are stop words (See Supported Languages Below). Stopwords are not counted by the search engines, so you can determine how effective your marketing copy is by knowing how much of what you’ve written will be ignored.
- The total word count of the document for words that are not determined to be numbers
- Phrase counting for phrases of length 1 to 5 words — this helps you determine repetitive phrases in the document
- The anchor tags in the document — and, specifically if there is an image in the link text.
- The inner HTML of of the tag. This is the same as the link text.
- All the image tags in the document
- The the text of the image “alt” attribute
I wonder how popular this app will be. Even for SEOs, do they find themselves needing to analyze sites on the go? If so, would this tool be it?