Google’s +1 Button Now Works With Google +, Go Figure!
+1 Button Sharing on Google +
Now when you click a +1 button on a publisher web site, such as this one, you will be able to share that article directly with your Google + circles. All you do is click the +1 button, then in the text box area you comment, choose a circle and then click on the share button.
Here is a picture of me sharing a story on this site:
Then if I go to my Google + profile you will see what I shared:
This is being rolled out now and should be available to everyone within days.
Google + Snippets
Google also added + Snippets as part of their rich snippets markup. This allows publishers to define what is shared by the Google + user, such as the image, URL, description and so on.
Here is some sample code on how it works:
<body itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Article">
<h1 itemprop="name">This is the article name</h1>
<img itemprop="image" src="thumbnail.jpg" />
<p itemprop="description">This is the description of the article.</p>
Here is a video on these additions:
- Google+ At One Month: A Look At Highlights & Controversies
- Google Removes Mashable, Sesame Street & Other Prominent Accounts From Google Plus
- Today On Google+: 10 Million Users?, “Fake Name” Suspension Info, Spam Blocking & More!
- Google: Hold Off On Creating Business Profiles On Google+, “Non-User Profiles” Will Be Shut Down
- Google+ Profiles Will Be Public: Google To Terminate All Private Profiles After July 31st
- With ‘Millions’ Of Users & Growing, Google+ Set To Power All Google Products
- Game On: Google+ Now Offers Games
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.