Google’s Matt Cutts posted a video today on the things one should avoid when doing guest blogging. The main point he made was that guest blogging, on a whole, is “growing” in terms of the spam and abuse he sees in the guest blogging space.
Now, if you are guest blogging, Matt offered four-points on what you should not do.
- Don’t make guest blogging your only link building strategy
- Don’t send out thousands of mass emails offering to guest blog to random sites
- Don’t use the same guest article on two different sites
- Don’t take one article and spin it many times
In short, Matt suggests you don’t do low quality, automated, abusive guest blogging without any “merit” or “editorial” value.
This is not the first time Matt or Google commented on guest blogging, here are three other stories on the topic:
- Google’s Matt Cutts: Guest Blogging Best Done In Moderation
- Google Warns Against Large-Scale Guest Posting, Advertorials & “Optimized Anchor Text” In Press Releases
- Google: Guest Blogging For Links? You Better Nofollow Those Links
Here is the video: