Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google site closed, penalty recovery & shopping ads
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- After rare Google confirmation of on-site penalty, Natural News is back in Google’s index
Feb 28, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
HealthNews.com confirms being reincluded in the Google index after being deindexed last week.
- Google gives SEO tips on how to handle day-long site closures
Feb 28, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Need to turn off your website for a period of time, but worry your Google rankings will drop? Here are some tips from Google’s John Mueller on how to handle it.
- Sharing is caring: Click share and post-holiday shopping success
Feb 28, 2017 by Matt Lawson
Click share is a crucial metric that can help you improve Shopping campaigns. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson explains what it is and how to improve it.
- Link free or die
Feb 28, 2017 by Julie Joyce
Why are we so afraid of links? Columnist Julie Joyce goes through several of our biggest fears and discusses how healthy they really are.
- Abdul Sattar Edhi Google doodle celebrates Pakistani humanitarian who founded Edhi Foundation
Feb 28, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Today would have been 89th birthday of the philanthropist and humanitarian who spent his life crusading for those in need.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- [Reminder] Upcoming webinar — Build Your Ultimate Martech Stack
- Making emotional connections in a digital era
- B2B marketing tips for an effective account-based marketing (ABM) strategy
- 10 things you should be doing now on social media to grow your business
- Take your customers off mute: 3 tips for customer feedback
- Urban Airship becomes first mobile wallet provider to offer single-tap loyalty rewards with Apple Pay
- Swrve’s new integration gives Oracle visibility into apps
- Are you leveraging these underutilized Google Analytics features?
- Amazon: Virtual assistants and AI robots have free speech rights, too
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Your Google My Business Page in 2017: How Hard Is It to Mess Up?, LocalVisibilitySystem.com
- How to Create Content That Keeps Earning Links (Even After You Stop Promoting It), Moz
- How We Use Blogger Outreach To Promote Content And Build Links, ahrefs.com
- Answer: Weather causes pain?, SearchReSearch
- Google’s Picture Of Trump Considered "Disrespectful"?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Your Blog Needs SEO, problogger.com
- Adding Sitelinks Search Box Schema for Site Search in Google Search Results, The SEM Post
- Bad Ads Usage Practices That Can Hurt Your SEO, Search Engine Journal
- Google Search Console Search Analytics Report Showing Emojis, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: How to Optimize Podcasts for SEO, The SEM Post
- How to Find Easy SEO Copywriting Opportunities, SuccessWorks
- How to Look at SEO as a Digital Marketer, SEM Rush
- Top 6 SEO Misconceptions You Need to Be Aware of in 2017, SEM Rush
- Yoast SEO 4.4, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- 7 Things Google PageSpeed Insights Doesn’t Tell You, State of Digital
- How Voice Technology is Shaping the Future of Search Marketing, vertical-leap.uk