Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google time filters, local search reporting & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google is removing the custom date range search filter for mobile users
Jun 17, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Mobile searchers on Google will no longer be able to use the custom date range search filter. To access that feature, they need to go to the desktop version of Google.
- 3 digital marketing opportunities for franchises
Jun 17, 2016 by Jason Decker
Columnist Jason Decker explores often-neglected tactics that can give you an edge in a local market.
- What your boss actually wants from your local search reports
Jun 17, 2016 by Lydia Jorden
Do you ever find your eyes glazing over when putting together and presenting your regular local search reports? Columnist Lydia Jorden explains how to develop a revenue-based report that will be sure to impress both your client and your boss.
- Search in Pics: SEO & Chromebook cookies, Beatmania IIDX & Google garden
Jun 17, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google Chromebook birthday cookies: Source: Google+ I Love SEO cookie: Source: Twitter Google has a Beatmania […]
- Announcing the 2016 Landy Awards sponsors and supporting partners…
Jun 17, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Learn more about the early supporters of the second annual Search Engine Land Awards program & celebratory Gala taking place on September 28 in NYC.
- SMX Advanced Local Workshop: tactics from Google, Bing, leading local experts
Jun 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Voice search optimization, content for SEO, advanced link building, Google Q&A and the first exposure of a massive new local ranking study on June 21.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook makes it clearer when an Instant Article is an advertorial
- Brief change suggests local SEO ranking factors are different for branded queries
- Why video needs to be part of your paid advertising strategy
- 3 strategies to survive the “Adblockalypse”
- Bring your “dead” customers back to life
- How Facebook turned an end-to-end ad tech strategy on its head
- MarTech Today: Kiosked’s 360-degree video/still ad wrapper, Taykey’s trends data for targeting & the hot topic of location
- Twitter adds live video button for iOS & Android & says Periscope embeds are on the way
- Wayin + EngageSciences = a different push/pull engine for user expression or a new Frankenstein?
Search News From Around The Web:
- Announcing Google Research, Europe, Google Research Blog
Local & Maps
- Google Field Operations May Visit & Scan Your Premises, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Listing Accuracy is Important – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- 9 Secret Google Search Tricks, Gizmodo
- Why SearchResearch skills matter in education, SearchReSearch
- Google Manual Actions Recoveries Should Show In Search Console Within Days, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Do Not Do Extended A/B Testing With The Same A/B Test, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Rewriting Product Descriptions Won’t Help You Win, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Many Pages On My Site has Google Indexed? Measuring Site Indexation, Builtvisible
- Is There an SEO Benefit to Regularly Changing Footers for Freshness?, thesempost.com
- Majestic SEO vs Moz Vs aHrefs vs Webmaster Tools, builtvisible.com
- SEOs Listen Up: Real-Time Penguin and Panda as Core Algorithm, semrush.com
- Site Recrawl Won’t Force Faster Google Panda Reevaluation, thesempost.com
- Site Wide Quality Score Ranking Individual Pages in Google Search Results?, thesempost.com
- What Is SEO & Why Will It Never Die?, marketing-mojo.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Effective Ways to Use the Google AdWords Keyword Planner, Portent
- The 4 Personality Types You Deal With In Paid Search, PPC Hero
- Social Exclusion Targeting! How to Map Negative Search Keywords to Social Psychographics, aimClear Blog
- Search + Social = ♥ | Take It to the Next Level #RelationshipGoals, BruceClay.com
- Video: Google Algorithm Shifts, AdWords Green Ad Label, SEO Tips & DMOZ, Search Engine Roundtable