SMX Advanced Local Workshop: tactics from Google, Bing, leading local experts
Voice search optimization, content for SEO, advanced link building, Google Q&A and the first exposure of a massive new local ranking study on June 21.
Next week, SocialPro and SMX Advanced will take place in Seattle. Advanced itself offers two sessions on local. But if you want more in-depth, tactical advice on how to succeed in the hottest area in digital marketing, you should attend the super-advanced, double-secret special edition of the Local Search Advantage workshop on June 21.
It will feature speakers from Google and Bing, as well as independent experts providing advanced tactics and practical advice on:
- Google My Business, Local SEO and presence management
- Optimizing for Voice Search
- Content for (Local) SEO
- Advanced local link building
- How the new Google AdWords changes impact retailers and local marketers
- You’ll also get an interactive look at a comprehensive new local ranking factors study.
Google’s Ali Turhan, global product lead for emerging products, will be discussing new AdWords changes introduced at the recent Google Performance Summit — especially as they relate to local marketers, including promoted pins, customized local landing pages, longer AdWords copy and Store Visits measurement. This will be valuable for all marketers, not just local marketers.
Wordstream’s Larry Kim will weigh in on these changes and discuss which ones he thinks will really matter and why.
Voice search and virtual assistants will drive more and more search volume over time — 40 percent of voice queries carry local intent, according to Microsoft — but most marketers have no idea how to get their content ready for voice search. Bing’s Purna Virji will discuss optimizing your content for virtual assistants and voice search. (There will be a main conference session on this at SMX East, but here’s your chance to get ahead of the curve.)
- Conrad Saam will be laying out advanced local link building, using case studies and specific examples.
- Matt Siltala will present on advanced content marketing for SEO and local SEO.
- Joy Hawkins is going to provide advanced Google My Business and Local SEO tips — so advanced they’re positively Byzantine or rococo.
Finally, LocalSEO Guide’s Dan Leibson will debut a comprehensive study that reverse-engineers the Google local algorithm. This study was six months in the making, involving 15,000 local businesses in a hundred different metros. Leibson will pull out all the relevant tactical takeaways. The study was conducted in cooperation with the University of California.
After this workshop, you’ll feel like you’ve been initiated into a secret society. SMX Advanced has sold out, but the workshops still have space. You’re not going to want to miss it.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.