Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Webmaster Data Delayed, Mobile Friendly Web Sites & Search Pictures
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Webmaster Tools Data Stopped Updating Almost A Week Ago
Are you concerned that your Google Webmaster Tools reports have not updated in a week? Don’t be, everyone else has the same issue.
- Search In Pics: Google Disco Ball, A Cacoon & YouTube Cafe
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more. Extra Large Google Chairs: Source: Google+ UK Google Panda: Source: Twitter YouTube London Cafe: Source: Google+ […]
- Is Your Local Site Mobile Friendly? Should It Be?
Local businesses often don’t see the need to go mobile, but columnist Rachel Lindteigen reminds SMBs that the time to prepare is now.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Taco Bell Delivers Saucy Valentine’s Campaign Via Snapchat
- 2015 Hashtag Bowl Winners: Congrats To Facebook, McDonald’s & Bonobos
- Google Helpouts Joins Google Answers, Knol In The Deadpool
- Buffer Upgrades Analytics To Help You Sort Out Social
- Tips To Dramatically Improve Your Recurring Billing Program
- 5 Priorities For Email Marketing In 2015
- Redesigning Or Creating A Website? Here’s Why Information Architecture Should Be Priority #1
- Adios Affiliates! Pinterest Pulls The Plug On Affiliate Links
- Kraft And Meredith Team Up On Native Ads In Email
- Almost 60 Percent Of Marketing Pros Use Automation, 90 Percent Say It Works
- 10 Reasons To Sign Up For The Next @SMX Conference
- Online-To-Offline Metrics Increasingly Available, Important To Marketers
Search News From Around The Web:
- #SMX West 2015: The Conference & The Liveblog Schedule, BruceClay.com
Local & Maps
- Introducing Google Small Business Community Office Hours, Google and Your Business
- Star Places in Google Mobile Search, Google Operating System
- Understanding and Testing: Implicit Local Queries, Bing Webmaster Blog
- Answer: How did traffic signs come to be?, SearchReSearch
- Bing takes on the world’s second-most-watched sport, as the world’s cricketers head to Australia and New Zealand, Bing Search Blog
- Search Operators: A Comprehensive Guide, FireCask
- Why your Personal Brand is Critical to SEO, CRO and Online Marketing, Ignite Visibility
- Google Says Duplicate Titles & Metatags Not A Panda Quality Issue, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says We May Get More Search Query Data History In Webmaster Tools This Year, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Webmaster Tools Data Now A Week Out Of Date, Search Engine Roundtable
- Which is Better: Subdomains or Subdirectories? Here’s What Google Says, The SEM Post
- Why Google is Slow to Process & Index Some 301 Redirects, The SEM Post
SEM / Paid Search
- Video: Google E-Commerce Update, Search Impact Report, Panda Or Penguin Whitelists & More, Search Engine Roundtable
- Wait, Paid Media Investments Can Yield SEO Value?! – Whiteboard Friday, Moz