Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Google’s New Mobile Algorithm, This Week’s Search In Pics & More
Amy Gesenhues on April 3, 2015 at 4:19 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Consider Interstitials When Mobile-Friendly-ing Your Site For Google
Columnist Mark Munroe explores an element of mobile SEO that may not have occurred to some webmasters.
- Everything You Need To Know About Google’s New Stance On Mobile
In preparation for the release of Google’s mobile-friendly algorithm update on April 21, columnist Neil Patel summarizes what we already know and what you should do to adapt.
- Search In Pics: Google Hidden Room, Yahoo 10 Year Badge & Google Partners Flyer
The latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Extends Social Login Lead Over Google In Janrain’s Q1 Report
- University Of Kentucky’s Social Team Goes Full Court Press For NCAA Final Four: “We Have All Hands On Deck”
- Microsoft Changes Course On Default “Do Not Track” Browser Setting
- Did Lord & Taylor’s Instagram Influencer Campaign Cross The Line?
- What Kim Kardashian Can Teach You About Building A Long-Term Audience
- Will Your App Promotion Interstitial Put Your Mobile SEO At Risk?
- Why B2C Ad Metrics Are Ruining Your B2B Campaigns
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Manual Action Penalties & How to Recover, linkresearchtools.com
Local & Maps
- Does Google’s Pigeon Local Algorithm Impact Organic Rankings?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google My Business Help Now Segments Support Questions Prior to Calling, Mike Blumenthal
- Video: Wikipedia Dives In Google, AdWords Phone Verifications, Casino Ads & April Fools, Search Engine Roundtable
- Answer: What’s this?, SearchReSearch
SEM / Paid Search
- 8 Places to Find Great SEO-Friendly Content Ideas, SEMrush Blog
- Don’t Get Suckered into Sucky SEO, The SEM Post
- Five Things You Can Do To Make Your Site Mobile-Friendly Before Google Changes the Rules on April 21st, Pure Oxygen Labs
- Google Mobile-Friendly Algorithm Won’t Impact Tablet Searches, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google News URLs Can’t Have Years As Unique Identifiers Sometimes, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Bing May Expand Queries Based upon Finding Entities Within them, SEO By The Sea
- How to be a Mini SEO Data Scientist, SEMrush Blog
- How to Prepare for a Website Redesign, Renegade Search
- SEO: Q&A for Google’s “Mobile-friendly” Algorithm, Practical E-commerce
- Understanding and Applying Moz’s Spam Score Metric – Whiteboard Friday, Moz