Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Link Building In 2015, Google’s New Doorway Page Penalty Algorithm & Anna Atkins Google Logo
Amy Gesenhues on March 16, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- What’s The State Of Link Building For SEO In 2015 & Beyond?
The rules regarding link building are seemingly always changing, so columnist Jayson DeMers lays out thoughts about what’s safe, what isn’t, and how you can hedge your bets.
- Google To Launch New Doorway Page Penalty Algorithm
Google will take algorithmic action on more doorway pages in the near future. The new algorithm adjustment will impact these pages trying to increase their search footprint.
- 2 Weeks to MarTech – See Who’s Attending
In just two weeks, the largest vendor-independent gathering of professionals at the intersection of marketing and technology will happen in San Francisco – MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference.
- 8 Tools For Google Penalty Recovery
Have you been hit by a penalty, or perhaps suspect as much? If so, columnist Chris Marentis recommends these diagnostic tools for identifying, assessing, and fixing site issues.
- Google Now To Get API So All Developers Can Integrate Their Content
With third party content Google Now becomes much more useful.
- Anna Atkins Google Logo Marks 216th Birthday Of Famed Botanist & Photographer
Self-published in 1843, Atkins’ “Photographs of British Algae: Cyanotype Impressions” is credited with being the first book of photography.
- Bing Puts March Madness Bracket In Search Results, Predicts Kentucky To Win Championship
Search results include complete men’s college basketball tournament bracket, along with Bing’s game-by-game predictions.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- BuzzFeed Bars Brands From Publishing Content On Its Community Platform
- 89 Percent Of Companies Using Content Marketing Say It Works [Survey]
- New YouTube “Cards” Will Display On Mobile – Taking Annotations To The Next Level
- 2 Weeks to MarTech – See Who’s Attending
- Looking For A New Ad Product That Delivers Premium Results? Look No Further Than Native
- Online Shoppers 1.6X More Likely To Make Purchase After Viewing Video [Report]
- Harte Hanks Buys Digital Marketing Agency 3Q Digital
- 7 Proven Ways To Stay Motivated When Working From Home As A Marketer (Or Anything Else!)
- Watch Out, Brands: The Controversial .Sucks Domain Is Almost Here
- Apple Watch: Even With 70 Percent “Not Interested” Apple Could Still Sell Millions
- Google Says Not Worried If Microsoft’s Cortana Comes To Android & iOS
- YouTube Brands & Creators Can Now Upload 360-Degree Videos
- Facebook Acquires Shopping Search Engine, TheFind
Search News From Around The Web:
- 3 Unnatural Link Warnings and How to Deal With Them, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Case study: How to prevent being penalised by Google using Majestic data, Majestic Blog
- How to Conduct Competitive Backlink Analysis with SEMrush, SEMrush
- How to perform a Disavow File Audit, linkresearchtools.com
Local & Maps
- Google Maps Upends Primary Data Suppliers – YP.ca is Out, Mike Blumenthal
- Google Places “Report a Problem” Requests Now Rejected Even Faster, www.localvisibilitysystem.com
- Why URLs Won’t Die — re:form, Medium
- Through the Google lens: Search trends March 6 – 12, Official Google Blog
- Leveraging Search Algorithms for Bing Predicts, Bing Blog
- The Algorithm That Tells the Boss Who Might Quit, www.wsj.com
- Why Search Success Relies on Aggregating Intent, www.blindfiveyearold.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Lessons From Expertly Designed PPC Landing Pages, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 7 Ways To Profitably Expand PPC Reach, PPC Hero
- Bing Ads Power Tools: Location, Device, and Seasonal Insights with the Campaign Planner, Bing Ads
- How to Use Channels to Increase Adsense Revenue, sugarrae.com
- Leveraging Personas for Effective Marketing, www.clixmarketing.com
- Creating Killer Content Is A Great Path Towards High Google SEO Rankings In 2015, White Fire Seo
- 301 101: How Redirects Work, Renegade Search
- 5 Steps to Mastering Visual Content SEO, The SEM Post
- Apple & Google, The Knowledge Box and other SEO Questions and Quandaries, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Google’s Mobile Friendly Ranking Algorithm Already Live For Android Apps, Search Engine Roundtable
- Grow your Site some Evergreen Content for SEO!, CanuckSEO
- Hardcore SEO – Customizing Content Pitches, Stone Temple
- Local SEO Tools, Strategy, and Optimization With Greg Gifford, www.searchenginejournal.com