Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Concert Rich Snippets: List Your Ticket Sale Site Under Band Web Sites
Google announced they are now showing concert rich snippets on band web sites so that you can see upcoming concerts and even book them on ticket sales web sites.
The results will show you upcoming concert tour dates in your area right on the results page under the band’s web site. Here is a picture:
The interesting part is there aren’t many rich snippets markup that show up on third-party web sites. Normally, when you add rich snippets to your web site, Google will list those rich snippets only on the page that has the markup on it. Here, Google is listing third-party web sites rich snippets under a totally different URL. It is a helpful result, but an extension you normally do not see with Rich Snippets.
I first saw this about a month ago and found it interesting then. Now that Google confirmed it, I find it even more interesting. I guess this is a good way to get a number one listing even if you do not have the number one listing.
- Google Recommending New Video Schema.org Markup
- Google Announces “Megasitelinks,” Image Search Improvements & Better Byline Dates
- Google Removes Author: Search From Google News
- Google Releases Ten Videos On Rich Snippets
- Journalists Get Their Profiles Featured In Google News … Their Google+ Profiles, That Is
- Google Tweaks Its Rel=Author Display, Promotes Google+ In Search Results
- Google Adds Rich Snippets For Application Reviews: iTunes Apps, Android & More
- A New Google Rich Snippet For Real Estate, Other Business Listings