Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google AdWords Editor updates to support budget type option for video ads & more
A couple months after adding Showcase Ads to AdWords Editor, Google has updated the program to support even more features.
Google has rolled out version 12.2 of the AdWords Editor. It brings a nice number of new features including Gmail asset-based ads, full support for promotion and video extensions and a new budget-type option for video ads.
The last update to the AdWords Editor was version 12.1, which brought Shopping Showcase Ads support.
Here is a list of features added with the version 12.2 update:
- Gmail asset-based ads: Asset-based ads in Gmail are now fully supported in AdWords Editor.
- Campaign total budgets: Video campaigns now have the option of choosing Campaign Total budget type.
- Custom rules updated: New built-in custom rules are now available for structured snippet extensions and non-serving campaigns and ad groups.
- Semantic location: You can now set a bid modifier to target your ads by location with AdWords Editor.
- Promotion extensions: Promotion extensions are now fully supported by AdWords Editor.
- Life events: “Life events” is now a category of audience targeting.
- Video campaign extensions: All video campaign extensions are now supported.
- Ad group level ad rotation: Ad groups can now be set so that ads rotate.
- Expanded language targeting: Campaign language targeting is now available for Bengali, Tamil and Telugu.
You can download AdWords Editor over here.