Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Improves Webmaster Penalty Notifications For Both Manual & Automated Penalties
Google announced they have stepped up their webmaster communication for notifying webmasters of both manual and automated penalties.
In the past, Google let you submit reconsideration requests and then added that they received those requests.
Now, Google may reply if your site was affected by a manual spam action and that you are no longer penalized by that action. In addition, Google may tell you if your site is still in violation of the Google guidelines.
In addition, Google may even notify you if your site is not affected by any manual action, but rather of an automated ranking downgrade due to Google’s algorithms. Google said, if “your site isn’t being ranked highly by our algorithms, in which case our systems will respond to improvements on the site as changes are made, without your needing to submit a reconsideration request. Or maybe your site has access issues that are preventing Googlebot from crawling and indexing it.”
Google said they still will not send these notifications to all webmasters but they will be sending out more transparent and clearer notifications in the future.
- Google Sending Additional Reconsideration Request Responses To Webmasters
- Google To Increase Abuse Alerts To Webmasters
- Google Notifying Webmasters To Update WordPress Blogs
- Google Webmaster Tools SiteNotices For Site Error Notifications
- Google’s Sending Webmaster Notifications About Bad Links Pointing At Their Sites
- Google Adds Site Hacked Notifications To Search Results
- Google Steps Up Web Page Malware Notifications
- Google To Resume Webmaster Penalty Email Notifications