Google Notifying Webmasters To Update WordPress Blogs
Bas van den Beld received a new notification from Google Webmaster Tools that has never been seen before.
The notification informs those who are running outdated WordPress installations to update them to the latest version. Here is a screen shot:
Matt Cutts of Google confirmed the new notifications via Twitter saying, “we’re kicking off a fresh run to inform webmasters with out-of-date/insecure versions of WordPress.”
WordPress blogs are known to be targets for hackers and Google knows this. If you keep your WordPress blog updated to the latest security patches, a hack is less likely to happen. Google feels it is a good idea to remind WordPress blog owners to update their blogs to prevent hacks, malware injections – which can all lead to a site being removed from the Google index.
- You’ve Got Mail! Google Webmaster Central Gains Message Center
- Google To Resume Webmaster Penalty Email Notifications
- Google Webmaster Tools SiteNotices For Site Error Notifications
- Google Steps Up Web Page Malware Notifications
- Google Adds Site Hacked Notifications To Search Results
- Google Stops Sending Penalty Notification Emails Due To Fake Warnings