Microsoft and Baidu Global team up for enhanced ad placement capabilities
The partnership will launch early next year in the U.S, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia markets.
Baidu Global is teaming up with Microsoft Advertising to incorporate ads in Baidu Global Keyboard’s Chat AI.
The company is set to utilize Microsoft Advertising’s Chat Ads API to offer users of its mobile keyboard, Baidu Global Keyboard, more relevant and engaging sponsored content suggestions.
Microsoft has confirmed the partnership will officially begin in early 2024 in the U.S, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia.
Why we care. The collaboration will enable Baidu Global Keyboard to serve more Microsoft Advertising powered ads to a high-value audience, improving reach for advertisers, the likelihood of conversions, and return on their investment.
Benefits for advertisers. The collaboration between Microsoft and Baidu Global will reportedly help advertisers to:
- Target a high-value audience demographic. Baidu Global Keyboard is a popular app among Gen Z. By partnering with Microsoft, advertisers can expect a focused opportunity to connect with this demographic in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia.
- Enhance reach across multiple environments. Baidu Global Keyboard incorporates customized features that adapt to different app environments — whether a user is browsing the web, on social media or even shopping. This flexibility allows advertisers to reach users in multiple scenarios on different app platforms with relevance to their location as well as topic search interest.
- Improve the user experience. Keyboards cover digital spaces, giving a more complete view of user interests compared to other mobile apps. In light of this partnership, Baidu Global Keyboard can is able to offer users more relevant content, improving the overall user experience.
Leveraging this opportunity. You can optimize your Microsoft Advertising campaigns to prepare for this new Baidu Global traffic while capturing other premium partner traffic by choosing “The entire Microsoft Advertising Network” for all ad group settings. Additionally, given the mobile opportunity with this partnership, apply positive mobile bid modifiers for maximum campaign performance.
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
What Microsoft is saying. Lynne Kjolso, VP of Global Partner and Retail Media, Microsoft Advertising, said in a statement:
- “We’ll continue to identify ways to unlock the potential of generative AI to transform the advertising industry and bring value to advertisers, partners, and most importantly the people who use these transformative services.”
- “We continue to listen to feedback from our advertisers and partners as we evolve our chat offerings to influence the next waves of innovation in generative AI.”
- “If you’re interested in partnering, reach out to discuss your chat experience needs. We’re here to help whether you need both algorithmic organic results and ads monetisation or ads monetisation only.”
Deep dive. Read Microsoft’s announcement in full for more information.