SearchCap: Bing Ads Shopping, Facebook Hello & Google Search Analytics
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Ads Shopping Campaigns Now In Beta
The beta will likely get more advertisers to try Bing Product Ads as Shopping Campaigns can be imported from AdWords.
- Facebook’s Hello App Another Incremental Step Toward Local Search
Facebook continues to take baby steps toward offering a local search product. Yesterday the company announced Hello, a new dialer/caller ID app that also offers local business search: You can also search for people and businesses on Facebook and call them with just one tap. So if a friend tells you about a new restaurant […]
- How To Drive Phone Conversions With PPC
You’re using PPC ads to drive online sales, but what about phone calls? Columnist Mona Elesseily explains why you should be focusing on this valuable lead type.
- What Signals From Twitter Does Google Care About?
Earlier this year, Google and Twitter struck a deal which once again gave Google access to Twitter’s data stream. Columnist Miriam Hirschman explores how this might play out.
- Google’s Search Analytics Report Now Live For More Webmaster Tools Users
Is Google’s Search Queries report missing in Google Webmaster Tools? You may be part of a test where you are seeing the new Search Analytics report.
- Apple Moving Closer To Adding Public Transit Routing To Maps
Apple has been talking about adding public transit data to its mapping product for a very long time. My understanding is that the company has had access to the transit data itself for some time, but for reasons that remain obscure has not has not been able to get transit directions into Maps yet. AppleInsider reports that Apple […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google Posts Revs Of $17.3 Billion In Q1, Misses On Earnings And Revenue
- Twitter, Uber, New York Times Among The First Apple Watch Apps Being Released
- Writing Ad Copy That Converts – April 30 Webcast
- Acne Brand Debuts Teen Dramedy Series ‘The Benzacs’ on Instagram
- Facebook Introduces “Anthology” To Cash In On Video
- Google Gets Into Content Recommendation With AdSense Matched Content
- Online Retailers Planning To Move Martech To The Cloud [Survey]
- Applying The Principles Of The 2016 Election To Digital Marketing Campaigns
- Yahoo Bolsters Video Ad Offerings With Native Video & App Install Ad Units
- Facebook Video Soars Past 4 Billion Daily Views
Search News From Around The Web:
- Competition Bureau’s call for search experts likely related to Google Inc probe, experts say, Financial Post
- Google Hints At New Mass Link Penalty?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Video: How to Approach Webmasters for the ‘Link Talk’, RKG Blog
- Search Challenge (4/23/15): Which button…., SearchReSearch
- Google Adds iOS App Information in Google Search Results, The SEM Post
- ‘Mobilegeddon’ Claims Its First Victims — Retailers With Outdated Mobile Tech, insights.mobify.com
- Building A Custom Dashboard for Tracking SEO Success, Renegade Search
- First Examples of Google’s Mobile Friendly Algorithm In Action – Smartphone Rankings Changes, hmtweb.com
- Google Changes New Mobile Breadcrumbs to Show HTTPS Page Status & Site URL, The SEM Post
- Google Shuts The Door On Doorway Pages, koozai.com
- Is Google Still Using A PageSpeed Ranking Factor?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Our Editors Found This Article On This Site Using Google And Regenerated It For Our Readers, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- My Top 10 Favorite Paid Search Tools, PPC Hero