SearchCap: Bing Images & Places, Yahoo Testing & Google Mobile Lite
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Places Adds Several Agency-Friendly Local Business Listing Tools
Agency dashboard offers local listing management, sharing with clients, features for chain businesses and more.
- Is Yahoo Testing Non-Bing Powered Search Results?
Yahoo says they are always experimenting with search but would not confirm or deny reports that they are testing dropping Bing powered search results.
- Google Drops Title & Images From In-Depth Articles
Google drastically changed the interface for displaying “In Depth Articles” in the Google search results by dropping the title and images.
- Google’s Annual AdWords Livestream Set For May 5th
New product announcements will stem from mobile’s prominent role in the customer journey.
- Bing Image Search Redesigned To Add More Image Details To The Results
Bing launches a new upgrade to their image search, adding a lot more useful image search options and details.
- Is Mobile Search More Than Just Being Mobile “Friendly”?
Columnist Trond Lyngbø answers your frequently asked questions about mobile SEO and Google’s upcoming mobile algorithm change.
- Machine Learning With AdWords Scripts And Google Prediction API
In this helpful how-to, columnist Russell Savage explains how to use the Google Prediction API in conjunction with AdWords scripts to glean insights about your PPC data.
- Google Launches Streamlined Lite Version Of Mobile Search Interface For Slower Connections
Have a slow connection on your mobile device? No worries, Google will give you a lite version of the search interface to speed things up for you.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Less Than 20% Of B2B Buyers Say Social Media & Blogs Impact Vendor Discovery Process [Report]
- How To Simplify Manual Campaign Tracking In Google Analytics
- Facebook Facing Class Action Privacy Lawsuit In Europe
- LinkedIn To Buy Professional Education Platform Lynda.com For $1.5 Billion
- 3 Refreshing Ways To Look At Marketing Analytics
- Pew Research: Facebook Is Still Tops Among U.S. Teens
- YouTube To Launch Ad-Free Paid Subscription Service This Year
- Facebook Launches Messenger For Web Browsers
Search News From Around The Web:
- SEO and PPC in 2015: Small Business Survey, Clutch.co
Local & Maps
- Businesses Can Now Claim Apple Maps Listings From iOS Devices, applemapsmarketing.com
- Exclusive: Google is close to making Android Wear work on the iPhone, The Verge
- Google Penguin Changed The Lives of These 10 SEO Experts, linkresearchtools.com
- Google’s John Mueller: The Links Are Nofollowed, Stop Dropping Links, Search Engine Roundtable
- Where does BrightonSEO get its links from?, Cornwall SEO
- A month of language love in Southeast Asia, Google Translate Blog
- Microsoft moves to phase two of Skype Translator preview; adds new features, ZDNet
- The Incredible Shrinking SERP – 2015 Edition, Moz
- Build Implicit Analytics into Site Architecture to Understand Users, stateofdigital.com
- Google: The In The News Box Will Be Impacted By The Mobile-Friendly Algorithm, Search Engine Roundtable
- My Top 8 Tools For A Technical SEO Audit, SEMrush Blog
- The Future of Mobile Is Search, Not Just "SEO", Builtvisible
- There Hasn’t Been A Google Panda Update In About 6 Months, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Bing Ads and You: Using Facebook Audience Insights to improve your CTR, Bing Ads
- 5 PPC Optimization Strategies You Should Be Doing But Probably Aren’t, The SEM Post
- Google Shakes up Shopping with Product Ratings, State of Digital
- Review Extensions: AdWords’ Mythical Monster, PPC Hero
- Using Auction Competitors to Tell a Business Story, PPC Hero