SearchCap: comScore Data, Google Autocomplete API & PPC 2015
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Reduce Cart Abandonment and Increase Revenue with Customer Reviews — July 29 Webcast
Learn how reviews can help drive SEO traffic and revenue.
- US Desktop Search Rankings Hold Steady; Google Maintains 64% Share
Google and Ask each drop 1/10 of a percentage point in comScore’s monthly rankings of the domestic search market.
- Local Businesses Squeezed Out Of Organic Search By Larger Websites
Columnist Myles Anderson shares the results of a recent BrightLocal study measuring how much page-one real estate the three major search engines are giving to local businesses for various types of search queries.
- Defeating The Dog Days: 5 Tips To Boost SEM Conversion Volume During The Summer Slump
Summer is a slow season in many industries — which makes it the perfect time to review your PPC accounts and conduct some experiments, according to columnist Susan Waldes.
- Google To Shut Down Autocomplete API On August 10
Google says goodbye to the Autocomplete API, which may affect your favorite keyword tool.
- Last Call For Search Marketing Stars: Why You Should Enter The Search Engine Land Awards!
Get your entries in this week for your SEO and SEM efforts. We want to recognize the best in search marketing!
- 12 Biggest Things To Happen In PPC So Far In 2015
New ad formats for mobile users, big tests for PLAs, and a new search deal paves the way to managing three search platforms.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google Drops The Google+ Requirement For Products, Starts Today With YouTube
- Navigating The Modern Ad Serving Stack, Part 4: Open Auction (RTB)
- Talenti Creates Personalized Gelato Flavors Based On Your Social Media Profiles
- 5 Types Of People You Meet In Content Marketing
- The Resurgence Of Outbound Marketing
- Survey: 80 Percent Of Mobile Marketers Using Location, Mostly As Audience Proxy
- Twitter Zooms Back Up comScore Rankings, Gains 11 Million Unique Visitors In A Month
Search News From Around The Web:
- #NoHacked: How to avoid being the target of hackers, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Baidu CEO Robin Li on China’s Mobile Commerce, Uber, On-Demand Economy, Re/code
Local & Maps
- Google Alertting Accounts Deleted for TOS Violations, Mike Blumenthal
- Finding ‘easy’ and ‘must have’ links with Clique Hunter (with video), Majestic Blog
- How Great Content Earns Links, Leverable SEO
- Through the Google lens: Search trends July 17-24, Official Google Blog
- Google Image Search Dropping Images From Their Index?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Now Offers Notifications Of Hotel Price Drops, Search Engine Roundtable
- Yahoo Testing Purple Title Links for Ads & Organic Search Results, thesempost.com
- Yahoo tests a new homepage and SERP interface, allgoogletesting.blogspot.com
- 28 Browser Extensions That Make an SEO’s Life Easier, quicksprout.com
- 6 developments that suggest Technical SEO is not Dead, stateofdigital.com
- Ahrefs Content Explorer: Billion Pages Indexed, Fancy Graphs & The "Robin Hood" Technique, Ahrefs Blog
- Do Title Tags Matter for SEO?, digitalthirdcoast.net
- Google Won’t Index Dynamically Generated Content Behind Tabs, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Learn SEO: Choose Your Own Adventure Edition, Moz
- Master SEO and rise up the Google rankings, The Guardian
- What’s The Difference Between PR and SEO?, Renegade Search
SEM / Paid Search
- My Top Questions for Selecting the Best PPC Management Company in a Sea Mediocrity, Ignite Visibility
- Advanced AdWords Tricks Your PPC Company Should Be Using in Your Account, Ignite Visibility
- Analyzing Google Shopping Search Partners Data, PPC Hero