SearchCap: Google AdWords Extensions, Google Voice Search Faster & Google Search App
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Voice Search In Google App Now 300 Milliseconds Faster
Sep 24, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google makes voice search feel “blazingly fast” and improves voice accuracy within the Google App.
- Local Search Ranking Factors 2015
Sep 24, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The 2015 Local Search Ranking Factors report is out, and it’s a must-read for anyone in the local SEO arena. As you may know, the survey polls roughly 40 leading local SEO practitioners on what they believe to be the variables most responsible for driving rankings in Google local search results. David Mihm began the […]
- How To Trick Google Into Thinking You’re Mobile-Friendly
Sep 24, 2015 by Bryson Meunier
In an effort to provide a good user experience for mobile searchers, Google has been rewarding “mobile-friendly” sites with increased visibility in search results. However, as columnist Bryson Meunier points out, some sites appear to be engaging in deception…
- Google Adds Dynamic Callout Extensions In AdWords
Sep 24, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Dynamic callouts automatically pull business, product and service information from your site into text ads.
- Harness The Power Of Ad Customizers With AdWords Scripts
Sep 24, 2015 by Russell Savage
Columnist Russell Savage explores a few ways AdWords scripts can help you manage and update ad customizers.
- How To Find Queries Per URL Using The Search Analytics Report In Google Search Console (GSC)
Sep 24, 2015 by Glenn Gabe
Looking to discover which keywords are driving organic traffic to specific pages on your website? Columnist Glenn Gabe shows how to do just that with Google Search Console.
- Google Betas Dropping Manual Actions Automatically For Hacked Sites
Sep 24, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google may automatically reverse a hacked site manual action in the Google Search Console when they determine the hack issue has been resolved.
- Google Search Is 4th Most Popular App & Growing Faster Than Facebook [comScore]
Sep 24, 2015 by Greg Finn
While not the hottest app in the news, Google Search usage and placement is scorching, according to a new report from comScore.
- Seniors On Social? YEP! Psychographic Targeting Hot House
Sep 24, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
Sometimes the conventional wisdom can get you in trouble. “My B2B audience isn’t on social” is one piece of conventional wisdom that, thankfully, has finally been put out to pasture (at least by companies savvy enough to know better). Conventional wisdom might also say to focus your online advertising efforts on younger generations who are […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Businessweek Investigation Sheds Lights On Giant Market For Fake Web Traffic
- Study Finds YouTube Advertisers Pay For Bot Views
- Pinterest Opens API Platform To All Developers
- Activate Data To Engage The Right Individual
- Brand To Demand: How Intent Data Is Breaking Down The Silos
- Mobile Millennials Spend Almost An Hour A Day On Facebook [comScore]
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Testing HSA display + Local 3 Pack, Mike Blumenthal
- Are Phone Numbers Returning to the 3 Pack?, Mike Blumenthal
- Using the Majestic API to Create Bespoke Search Marketing Tools at Blueclaw, blog.majestic.com
- Search Challenge (9/22/15): Fish ID, SearchReSearch
- OK Google Problems May Be Related To Trusted Voice Setting, Search Engine Roundtable
- When Google Images can land you in trouble, Net Magellan
- 7 Powerful Quotes to Boost your SEO Marketing, seerinteractive.com
- Google Fights Keyword Stuffed Business Names Using a Surprisingness Value, SEO By The Sea
SEM / Paid Search