SearchCap: Google’s internet speed testing tool, Landy Awards call for entries & more
Amy Gesenhues on June 28, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- SMX Advanced 2016 recap: Harnessing SEM analytics for smarter automation
Jun 28, 2016 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson provides tips and advice from PPC experts on how search marketers can make SEM automation work for them.
- How “Do It With Me” marketing services can help SMBs access the latest marketing practices
Jun 28, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are the new frontier for digital services. The enterprise is armed with excellent digital marketing tools that need to be right-sized to SMB needs and budgets before a small business will enjoy the same digital advantages.
- 7 types of keywords to boost your SEO strategy
Jun 28, 2016 by Ryan Shelley
Wondering what kinds of keywords you should be targeting? Columnist Ryan Shelley shows how to categorize keywords using a personalized and industry-focused approach.
- Ask The SEOs at SMX Advanced
Jun 28, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Unable to attend SMX Advanced this year? Columnist Andrew Shotland recaps the “Ask The SEOs” session for those who missed it.
- Google testing new tool to check internet speeds directly in search results
Jun 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Powered by Measurement Labs, Google’s latest widget was surfaced via a search for “check internet speed.”
- Why Google is mining local business attributes
Jun 28, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
What are business attributes, and why should local businesses care? Columnist Adam Dorfman explores.
- Final call for entries: 2016 Landy Awards
Jun 28, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Time is running out to enter the second annual Search Engine Land Awards! Entries close Thursday, June 30 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Complete your submissions today.
- Chinese government cracks down on search ads and “banned content”
Jun 28, 2016 by Greg Sterling
New rules protect public but tighten government control over search results.
- Google opens Customer Match to Shopping Campaigns
Jun 28, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers will be able to retarget customers with product listing ads.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- New ‘Dashboard’ tool from Twitter gives businesses a simple, all-in-one management suite
- Marketing platform Kahuna applies its machine learning across customer journeys
- Pinterest tries to one-up Amazon with new shopping features like AI-enabled search
- 4 steps to maximizing Customer Lifetime Value
- Predictive data & ABM: How to move from account lists to account contacts
- Blinded by data: 5 ways to deal with data overload
- How to manage your ad partners in regulated industries (part 1 of 5)
- Why ad blockers are not a threat to the online ad industry
- Will crowdsourcing make agencies strategic again?
- New Google Partner badges call out specializations
- Survey: 42% of US online shoppers will use Amazon.com as primary holiday shopping destination
- MarTech Today: CMPs and DCO, enterprise marketing automation & a deep dive into intent data
- LinkedIn starts officially auctioning off its desktop banner ads
- Report: TV time holds, but digital channels dominate for 18- to 49-year-olds
Search News From Around The Web:
- Guide To Cleaning Up Your Bad Backlinks, Search Engine People
Local & Maps
- Google releases Awareness APIs for accessing location, weather, and activity data, VentureBeat
- Scientology Seeks Captive Converts Via Google Maps, Drug Rehab Centers, Krebs on Security
- Google’s Bigger Plan for the Mobile Web, State of Digital
- Google Shows Image Thumbnails For People Also Search For, Search Engine Roundtable
- Yahoo Summer Search Trends Find People Prefer Vacation Rentals 3:1 Over Hotels, Yahoo Search
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Google Analytics Features Every Business Should Use!, Web Analytics World
- How I Cut Costs By 20% Using Monthly Bid Schedules, PPC Hero
- How to Analyze Your PPC Lead Data (With 15 Case Studies), Vertical Measures
- Our 13 Best Money-Saving PPC Tips Ever!, Wordstream
- 10 Illustrations of How Fresh Content May Influence Google Rankings, Moz
- Google Update Chatter : Not Huge Chatter, Search Engine Roundtable
- New Study Reveals Top Local SEO Ranking Factors for 2016, Search Engine Journal
- Using Schema Markup for Local SEO, Practical Ecommerce
- What Siri on Mac and Apple Pay for Web mean for SEO, Distilled