SearchCap: Google Panda & Penguin, Bing Ads Upgraded URLs & Getty Images Partners With Bing
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Bing Ads Adding Support For Upgraded URLs The roll out will occur in two stages: one for AdWords imports and a second for full availability within Bing Ads. Link Risk Management: […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Ads Adding Support For Upgraded URLs
The roll out will occur in two stages: one for AdWords imports and a second for full availability within Bing Ads.
- Link Risk Management: Are You Using This Critical SEO Tactic?
Columnist Stephan Spencer warns that if you don’t regularly monitor your backlinks and proactively get rid of spammy ones, you could be risking it all.
- Putting “Mobilegeddon” In Perspective
Worried about Google’s impending mobile-friendliness algorithm update? Columnist Adam Dorfman has some advice for you: relax.
- How To Track Your AdWords Competitors Over Time Using Auction Insights
Former Googler Daniel Gilbert shows you how to turn the static AdWords Auction Insights data into a report that tracks your closest competitors over time.
- Google Shares AdWords “Store Visits” Metric Conversion Lift Data
US retailers saw, on average, 10 times more conversions from mobile search ads when accounting for store visits estimated conversions.
- Google Says The Penguin & Panda Algorithms Still Require Manual Data Pushes
It has been over 4 months since a Google Penguin or Panda update and Google’s John Mueller tells us the data updates are currently done manually.
- Microsoft & Getty Images Announce Partnership & Drop Infringement Lawsuit Over Bing Images
On Monday, Getty Images dropped their lawsuit against Bing Images and on Tuesday they signed a new partnership deal with Microsoft.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- xAd Launches Blueprints To Track In-Store, Not Just Near-Store, Visits For Location Marketing
- Twitter Kills #Discover Tab On Mobile, Moves Trending Topics To Search Page
- Yahoo Gemini Adds Over 40 Flurry Personas To Native Ad Targeting
- Video Ad Tech Company Pixability Lands $18 Million Financing Round
- YouTube Brings Cards To TrueView Ads To Boost Interaction
- Hostess #OpeningDay Tweet ‘Mistake’ Garners Brand Exactly What It Hoped For
- Twitter Is Testing A New Search Experience With More Filtering Options
- Data Collection Of The Future: Going Beyond The Tag
- How You Can Improve Your Order Confirmation Emails + 4 Inspirational Examples
- The One Thing That Can Save Your Company’s Dying Community
- Report: Nearly 10% Of Twitter Is Spam & Brands Have It The Worst
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google leases new downtown Portland office, OregonLive.com
- Learn and collect with Majestic Awards, Majestic Blog
Local & Maps
- Understanding Google’s Imagery Updates map, Google Earth Blog
- Search operators, Yoast
- Google May List Old Redirected URLs If Someone Explicitly Searches For It, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google News Submission Status Now Showing Rejection Notices, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Brand Searches Unlikely Impacted By Mobile-Friendly Algorithm, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Language Transforms: Should "SEO" Get a New Name?, State of Digital
- How to Rank a YouTube Video, SEMrush Blog
- Mobile Friendly Update and Technical SEO Opportunities, koozai.com
- SEO 101 Series: Using the H1 Tag, Vertical Measures
SEM / Paid Search
- PPC RFPs: Balancing Value & Investment, PPC Hero
- Taking A Look At The New AdWords Fundamentals Exam, PPC Hero