Google +1 Button Hides In Search Results
Instead of the +1 button being displayed by default, it is now hidden until you place your mouse cursor over the search result. Then the +1 button will show up and let you click on it.
Here is a picture of the animation seen when you mouse over the search result, which brings up the +1 button and the right gray arrow bar on the right of the search result:
Then when you mouse over the +1 button, it will turn blue and when you click on it, it remains blue.
This seems to be an effort to reduce the cluttered Google search results interface.
Postscript - Google sent us this statement about the change:
As we simplify the look and feel of the search results page, we wanted a way for users to easily see the +1 button when it’s most useful to them, such as when they hover over a result to recommend it or when a result has already been +1′d. By showing the +1 button when people want to click it rather than next to every result, the +1′d results stand out more. So far, this change has had an insignificant effect on +1 usage.
- Meet +1: Google’s Answer To The Facebook Like Button
- Google Plus One Button Now 3X Faster
- Recent Google+ Posts & “Add To Circles” Buttons Are Coming To Google’s Search Results
- Google’s +1 Button Goes Global
- Google’s Facebook Competitor, The Google+ Social Network, Finally Arrives
- It’s Here: Google +1 Buttons For Websites
- What Businesses & Brands Can Use Google Plus Pages For Now
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.