Google Gadgets can now run on Apple’s Dashboard as a native Dashboard Widget. Now you can have the same Google Gadget on your iGoogle page and Google Desktop Sidebar as well as in your Apple Dashboard. From a developer’s standpoint, now if you make a Google Gadget, that gadget can work easily on a Mac, without any extra code.
Below is a walkthrough of me installing a Google Gadget directly on my Mac as a widget in Dashboard.
(1) Load up the Google Gadgets application on your Mac:
(2) Select a gadget and click add:
(3) The Google Gadget then opens in Apple’s Dashboard:
(4) It also shows up in the dock area of the Dashboard:
(5) You can remove it by clicking on the circle-X at the left bottom corner when Dashboard is active. Then clicking on the circle-X at the top left of the Google Gadget, as so:
For more on Google Gadget for Mac’s Dashboard, visit: http://desktop.google.com/mac/
Note: Google pushed back the launch of this until tomorrow noon (11/29).