Google Health Makes It Easier To Share Medical Records
Google Health has taken a step forward in utility with the launch today of two new tools to help users share their medical information with trusted friends, family members, or medical providers.
First, “Share This Profile” is an email-based tool that lets you give someone else online access to a Google Health profile. Privacy and security are obvious concerns here, and Google says these safeguards are in place:
- the access link you send will only work in connection with the email address of the person you send it to; your profile can’t be accessed if the link is forwarded to someone else
- the link expires after 30 days
- the recipient can only view your health profile, not edit it
- the recipient can only see the profile you’ve shared, not any others in your account
- you can turn off sharing at any time
- you can always see who has access to your profile
The second tool is for offline sharing; it’s a new print feature that creates a wallet-sized hard copy of your profile that shows your blood type, medications, conditions, and treatments.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.