Google Images is now showing fresher images for search results that are trending and/or news related.
For example, if you search for [schwartzel masters] in Google Images, you will find tons of images from the golf tournament yesterday. They are all fresh images, mostly pulled from news sources, mostly time stamped with phrases such as “3 hours ago,” and so on.
Here is a picture:
Google has labeled fresh web search results with “X minutes or hours ago” for years now. But this is the first time I have seen Google do so with Google Images.
Hat tip to @KeriMorgret for spotting this.
- Meet The New Google Look & Its Colorful, Useful “Search Options” Column
- Google’s New Indexing Infrastructure “Caffeine” Now Live
- New: Google Improves Similar Image Search Filter
- Official: Google Adding More & Fresher Tweets To Social Search
- Google Makes “Related Searches” Fresher