As part of the How Search Works interactive infographic Google released today, they have decided to publish their search quality rating guidelines publicly to the world.
You can access the 43-page PDF document over here. It was most recently updated November 2, 2012.
Search quality raters are third-party people Google hires through a third-party agency to rate the search results. It is not used to rank search results, but rather, to measure the quality of the search results. We have interviewed a search quality rater in the past.
Between the search quality rating guidelines and the SEO starter guide published and available from Google – you should have plenty to read to brush up on your SEO.
- Google Releases Interactive Infographic: “How Search Works”
- Google May Go Public With Its Human Search Quality Rater Guidelines
- Google Search Quality Raters Instructions Gain New “Page Quality” Guidelines
- Video: Google Speaks About Search Quality Raters
- An Interview With A Google Search Quality Rater
- Google Quality Raters Can’t Cause Site To Drop In Rankings
- Google Quality Raters Can Rate Your Site Without Seeing It
- Google & Human Quality Reviews: Old News Returns