Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.
Google Publishes Its Search Quality Rating Guidelines For First Time
As part of the How Search Works interactive infographic Google released today, they have decided to publish their search quality rating guidelines publicly to the world.
You can access the 43-page PDF document over here. It was most recently updated November 2, 2012.
Search quality raters are third-party people Google hires through a third-party agency to rate the search results. It is not used to rank search results, but rather, to measure the quality of the search results. We have interviewed a search quality rater in the past.
Between the search quality rating guidelines and the SEO starter guide published and available from Google – you should have plenty to read to brush up on your SEO.
- Google Releases Interactive Infographic: “How Search Works”
- Google May Go Public With Its Human Search Quality Rater Guidelines
- Google Search Quality Raters Instructions Gain New “Page Quality” Guidelines
- Video: Google Speaks About Search Quality Raters
- An Interview With A Google Search Quality Rater
- Google Quality Raters Can’t Cause Site To Drop In Rankings
- Google Quality Raters Can Rate Your Site Without Seeing It
- Google & Human Quality Reviews: Old News Returns