Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Says SEO Is Not Spam
Matt Cutts, head of the Google’s web spam fighting team, has gone on record by saying Google does not consider SEO to be spam.
Matt said outright, “We don’t consider SEO to be spam,” and added that SEO is “a valid way to help people find what they’re looking for via search engines.”
He did add that there are bad SEOs out there, typically known as black hat SEOs that can produce web spam. But in general, SEO is not spam and there are plenty of good SEOs out there.
Matt has said several times at conferences that SEO is not spam, but this is the first time he devoted a video to it.
Here is the video:
- Thoughts On Web Developers, SEO & Reputation Problems
- The Coming Tide Of SEO Tattletales
- Violations & Search Engine Spam Penalties
- Matt Cutts On SEO Tips & Fighting Spam
- SEO Gets Dissed by CBS TV Series “The Good Wife”
- Google’s Locksmith Spam Problem Hits The New York Times