Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Searchology 2009: The Big Recap
Google’s latest Searchology event happened on Tuesday, and the blog posts and tweets were flying fast and furious. If you found it all to be a little too much to keep track of, have no fear. It’s our pleasure to share this Big Recap of the most important posts and news.
Search Engine Land Coverage
- Live Blogging Google Searchology 2009 – Danny Sullivan was in attendance and filed his thoughts on-the-fly
- Google Search Now Supports Microformats and Adds “Rich Snippets” to Search Results – Vanessa Fox was also there and wrote about Google’s “Rich Snippets” and how they compare to what Yahoo SearchMonkey offers
Official Google Blog Posts
- Enabling Rich Snippets in Custom Search, Google Custom Search
- Introducing Rich Snippets, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Leveraging rich snippets with Google Site Search, Official Google Enterprise Blog
- More Search Options and other updates from our Searchology event, Official Google Blog
- Sky Map for Android – A Mobile Planetarium, Google Mobile Blog
- A planetarium in your pocket, Official Google Blog
Unofficial Google Blog Posts
- Google Searchology 2009: Search Options, Google Squared, Rich Snippets – Matt Cutts is on vacation, yet still tuned in to the Searchology webcast and shared this recap
- What was new at Searchology? – As if one post wasn’t enough, Matt followed up with this really good overview of several bits of information that may have escaped notice in the flurry of Searchology reporting
Other Noteworthy Coverage
- Searchology 2009 presentation screenshots by Yvo Schaap
- What Is Google Squared? It Is How Google Will Crush Wolfram Alpha (Exclusive Video) – TechCrunch has video of Google Squared
- Screenshots of Google Squared from Google Blogoscoped
Oh, there was certainly more Searchology coverage on dozens of other blogs and web sites, but this should cover all the primary bases pretty well. At least until next year….