Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Infographic: How, When & Where People Share Content
Today being Wednesday, the odds are better than any other day you’ll share this post with someone else. Or so say the stats from social sharing service AddThis, one of several it compiled into an infographic.
Other interesting stats?
- People tend to share the most around 9:30 Eastern Time (so we cunningly timed this post for just before that peak moment),
- 75% of clicks on a share will happen within the first day that the content is shared
- Most users click within 2 minutes of a share
- Copy-and-paste to share can be used up to 10 times more than those social sharing buttons out there
More from the infographic:
Want the infographic for yourself? It was posted last month to the AddThis blog, as part of its five year birthday celebration: Happy Birthday AddThis!
Most Shared In 2011
AddThis also told us that among the most shared content in 2011 from its tracking were:
- MoveOn’s campaign to get people to all share a status update pushing against big companies and Wall Street greed
- A photo of a dog lying next to the casket of a US Navy Seal who was killed in Afghanistan
Social Sharing “Half-Life” & More Information
If those stats about how short-term sharing seems to be got you thinking, that’s beginning to be referred to as the “half-life” of a share, and we have some past articles with further information:
- Infographic: Half-Life Of Social Media Shares
- Why “Second Chance” Tweets Matter: After 3 Hours, Few Care About Socially Shared Links