Nearly 90% Of Twitter Users Follow Brands & Just 10.9% Of Users Find Promoted Tweets To Be Annoying

In a new article from eMarketer and Lab42, information was released around brands and Promoted Tweets.  Surprisingly, 89.4% of users polled stated that they follow a brand’s Twitter account.  Most users (30.6%) follow 1-5 accounts and 8.2% follow over 50 accounts:

Additional information from the report showed promising results about Twitter’s Promoted Tweets product.  Overall user sentiment towards Promoted Tweets is very positive.  Only 10.9% of users thought that Promoted Tweets were annoying, while the other 89.1% liked ( or were indifferent to) Promoted Tweets.  More users, 14% of respondents, actually retweeted a Promoted Tweet.

The report also shows that many users find Promoted Tweets to be helpful.  21.6% of users have received a discount from a Promoted Tweet, and 21.2% have learned about new brands through a Promoted Tweet.

See the full eMarketer article for more information.

 

Related Topics: Channel: Social | Twitter

Sponsored


About The Author: is the Chief Marketing Officer for Cypress North, a company that specializes in social media and search marketing services and web-based application development. He has been in the Internet marketing industry for 6+ years and specializes in Social Media Marketing. You can also find Greg on Twitter (@gregfinn) or LinkedIn.

Connect with the author via: Email



SearchCap:

Get all the top search stories emailed daily!  

Share

Other ways to share:
 

Read before commenting! We welcome constructive comments and allow any that meet our common sense criteria. This means being respectful and polite to others. It means providing helpful information that contributes to a story or discussion. It means leaving links only that substantially add further to a discussion. Comments using foul language, being disrespectful to others or otherwise violating what we believe are common sense standards of discussion will be deleted. Comments may also be removed if they are posted from anonymous accounts. You can read more about our comments policy here.
  • http://www.stanzr.com Taariq Lewis

    This means that brands need to talk to their customers over social, even more.

Get Our News, Everywhere!

Daily Email:

Follow Search Engine Land on Twitter @sengineland Like Search Engine Land on Facebook Follow Search Engine Land on Google+ Get the Search Engine Land Feed Connect with Search Engine Land on LinkedIn Check out our Tumblr! See us on Pinterest

 
 

Click to watch SMX conference video

Join us at one of our SMX or MarTech events:

United States

Europe

Australia & China

Learn more about: SMX | MarTech


Free Daily Search News Recap!

SearchCap is a once-per-day newsletter update - sign up below and get the news delivered to you!

 


 

Search Engine Land Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors

Get Your Copy
Read The Full SEO Guide