Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.
Official: Google Sitelinks Expands To 12 Pack
Over the past few weeks, Google has been testing really large expanded Sitelinks in the search results for some queries for the past few weeks.
After much testing, Google finally posted official confirmation that these new large sitelinks are here to stay.
Google Expands Sitelinks:
Google said the Sitelinks will now be “full-size links with a URL and one line of snippet text.” The links and snippets will be very similar to the standard regular results, which Google says makes “it even easier to find the section of the site you want.” Plus, Google is upping the number of sitelinks from eight to twelve sitelinks for these queries.
Here is a picture:
Google Improves Sitelinks Algorithm
Google also said they have made “a significant improvement to our algorithms by combining sitelink ranking with regular result ranking to yield a higher-quality list of links.” Google said this “reduces link duplication and creates a better organized search results page.”
I personally see the changes now, but if you do not, you may see them in the next few days.
- Google’s 12 Sitelink Experiment Returns
- Google Displaying Listing Numbers In Results Snippets
- Confirmed: Google Search Testing New “Clean” Design: For Tablets Only
- Google Warns Of Malware Redirecting To Its Search Results
- Official: The Google Wonder Wheel Is Gone
- Google Starts Showing Author Images In Search Results
- Google Testing New “Branded” Places Onebox