Search Engine Land Turns Five & Gains A Sibling Site: Marketing Land
Five years ago, Search Engine Land was officially born. On the occasion of our fifth birthday, we’re proud of how much the site has accomplished and excited to officially welcome our new sibling-site Marketing Land.
Since we opened, Search Engine Land has grown to doing between 1.5 million and 2 million pageviews per month.
From our Google Analytics data, a month-by-month view:
Over the past five years, we’ve had:
- Nearly 50 million pageviews
- Nearly 32 million visits
- Over 22 million unique visitors
Over the past five years, we’ve written:
- 9 million words
- 14,000 posts
- 644 average words per post
Our top five most viewed stories over this period reflect the diversity of coverage we provide about search and search marketing:
- Google: Bing Is Cheating, Copying Our Search Results
- 20 Awesome Images Found In Google Maps
- What Is A QR Code And Why Do You Need One?
- Google Kills Bush’s Miserable Failure Search & Other Google Bombs
- Google’s Facebook Competitor, The Google+ Social Network, Finally Arrives
Search is such an important part of our daily lives. Search marketing is such a dominant part of digital marketing. Here at Search Engine Land, we feel fortunate to have covered both exciting topics over the past five years.
In our time:
- We’ve broken some news stories
- We’ve noted important stories broken by others
- We’ve done a daily recap called SearchCap of stories from around the web
- We’ve published both tactical in-the-trenches advice and strategic high-level thoughts from our columnists
- We’ve provided How To content
- We’ve created a comprehensive library of search coverage by topic
- We’ve provided great analysis & in-depth coverage of search topics
Expanding Beyond Search
We know that many of our readers are also digital marketers looking for high quality content and coverage about internet marketing beyond search. That’s why, on our fifth birthday, we’re thrilled to formally announced the opening of our new sister-site, Marketing Land.
Rest assured, nothing is changing at Search Engine Land. Everything you’ve liked about the site will continue as before. There will remain a firm focus on search and search marketing issues.
But over at Marketing Land, we’ll have coverage that goes beyond search, including columns that begin this week in these key areas:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Analytics & Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Search Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
If you’ve enjoyed Search Engine Land, please be sure to check out Marketing Land. We think you’ll love it.
The Search Engine Land team would like to thank all those who have supported the site over this time, through your links to us, your tweets, your likes, your +1′s but most of all, through your readership. There’s no better reward for a team devoted to content to know that what we’ve written has helped others.
I’d like to personally thank:
- Our Search Engine Land columnists and contributors, who write so many of the great pieces we run each week
- Our advertisers and sponsors, who help us continue to grow and expand content that’s provided for free to so many people
- Our team at Third Door Media, our publisher, who help ensure that our sales, technical and business matters are covered so well
Most of all, my thanks to my fellow Search Engine Land editors, who collectively represent over 100 years of experience covering search and search marketing topics.
There’s no other team this large, this experienced, doing daily journalism about search. It’s a privilege to work with you all.
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.