Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Bing Ads Editor, Client Management & Google Knowledge Graph
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Search In Pics: Android Caveman, Google Ski Trip & Rope Logo
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more. Google Android Caveman: Source: Google+ Google Rope Logo: Source: Google+ Google Ski Trip At Lake Tahoe: […]
- New Bing Ads Editor Version (10.7) Now Available
Changes include some subtle but welcome usability updates and, best of all, the ability to edit the text of keywords that have already been synced.
- What Can Businesses Do About The Knowledge Graph Dominating Search Results?
The expansion of Google’s Knowledge Graph may threaten the volume of organic search traffic to websites. Columnist Nate Dame explains what’s changing and what marketers should do about it.
- How I Lost My Clients Their #1 Ranking And Their Profits Exploded Overnight!
Columnist Stoney deGeyter shares the ups and downs of his longest-standing SEO client — including
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Lacoste Uses Instagram, Vine & Interactive Mobile App To Introduce New Tennis Racket, Fashion Line
- The Role of Data Analytics in Successful Retail Acquisition Campaigns
- Life Beyond The Click: Email In 2015
- Ericsson Seeks To Block iPhone In U.S. In Latest Patent Dispute
- Google Buys TLD “.App” For $25 Million In Record-Breaking ICANN Auction
- What Advanced Social Analytics Teach Us About The Long-Term Impact Of Super Bowl Advertising
- What You Don’t Know About Location Targeting And Attribution Will Hurt You
- Twitter Triples The Size Of The Abuse Support Team & Adds Doxing Reports
- Best Brand Tweets On The Dress: White & Gold Or Blue & Black?
- Is A Google+ Breakup Coming For Photos & Hangouts?
- Snickers Asks People To Share Who They Are When They’re Hungry With $50,000 Meme Generator Contest
- Brands Ride The #Llama Drama
Search News From Around The Web:
- Rethinking office space, Official Google Blog
Local & Maps
- Do you Design Websites? No Follow Your “Designed By” Footer Links, The SEM Post
- Historic Index Update: Top Backlinks option has a new use!, Majestic Blog
- Answer: Finding things with additional property limits (beginning web scraping), SearchReSearch
- Zillow’s Home Price Estimates Now Reflect Edits Immediately, TechCrunch
- Google Search Testing Updated Search Quality Algorithms?, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Bing Ads Enables AdWords Import Globally, Search Engine Roundtable
- Device Targeting Changes Coming To Bing Ads, PPC Hero
- Find the Words That Stick: Make Your Brand Googleable, SEMrush Blog
- Google Now Offering One-On-One Help For Webmasters With Hacked Sites, Search Engine Roundtable
- Video: Google Mobile Ranking Algorithm, Mobile Slow Label, Google Play Ads & More, Search Engine Roundtable